Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Estonia, Muraste






These postcards are from Merike in Estonia. She writes:

Dear Kristin,
Hi! I'm glad to start correspondence with you! Thank you for those extra cards you sent along with official!

About my cards:

-Two card of Tallinn show medieval old town, which is an UNESCO WHS.
-Kadriorg Palace was built by order of Russian emperor Peter the Great in early 18th century and it's named after the empress Catherine. Also in Tallinn. Now it's a museum of foreign arts.
-Rakvere castle is from 14th century, this is a view of the courtyard.
-Fortress of Narva is situated in North East Border, facing fortress of Russians right across the river.

I hope you enjoy my select of cards! I'm looking forward to continue our friendship! :)

Merike

Oh, almost forgot! In Estonian:

Hello= Tere
Goodbye= Head alga
Please= Palun
Thank you= Aitah

We pronounce everything exactly how it's written ;)

**Aitah Merike

No comments: