Monday, May 12, 2008

Spain, Valladolid


This is a postcard of a bridge over the Duero river in Valladolid, Spain. It is from Fransisco in Valladolid, Spain. He writes:

Hello
I hope this postcard was nice for you, and we can exchange several postcards else.
I live in Tudela de Duero, a village next to Valladolid, on the bank of river Duero.
Valladolid id about 200 kilometres in the North of Madrid, my region is name Castilla, because there are a lot of castles when we are fighting with the muslim between 7 and 15 century.
The weather is usually cold in winter and hot in summer, although this year the wintet it isn't very cold but a little dry. It is typical the fog. The spring and the autum are shorts.
Around my village ther are a lof of pives and in them in this moment are growing wild asparagus, they are very delicious.
The Semana Santa (I think it is Easter in English) is very important in my region, there are a lot of procession in Valladolid and Famora especially. The "pasos" are very old. I hope that in other letter I tell you several thing else about my region and my country. I don't stay in your country and I don't know a lot of them, except by the news and others papers.

Best regards from Espana,
Fransisco

**Gracias Fransisco

No comments: